The World Wide Web:
Hello World! Demo
Let's jump right in! Please feel free to follow along - doing is always better than just watching :)
- Download a text editor. Microsoft Word® is a word processor, not a text editor.
- My favorite is Sublime Text, but you have the freedom to choose your own.
- Feel free to do a quick google for, 'best text editor'.
Lets write our first HTML document!
- All HTML documents should begin with a DOCTYPE declaration. This does not require a closing tag.
Basic HTML Structure
- The most basic HTML structure includes a DOCTYPE declaration, an HTML tag, a head tag, and a body tag. This looks like the following:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> </head> <body> </body> </html>
- Notice how the head and body sections are nested in the HTML tags.
- HTML does not need to be indented, however...
- Nesting is very important to make your code easier to read for humans.
Let's Add Content!
We will now add some text to our first web page! Inside of the
<body> tag, let's add the following text:
Let's Open Our First Web Page!
- We will now open our first web page using a web browser :)